- Although professional staging is a relatively new industry, people have been "fixing up" their homes to sell for decades. These days, due to HGTV, home buyers have an "expectation" and are willing to pay quite a bit more for a home that is "model home" looking.
- HOME STAGING allows the home owner to retain 5 - 20% more home equity
- VACANT HOMES sell on average for 15% less*
- STAGED HOMES photograph better with 90% of potential buyers searching online first*
- The cost of staging is far less than a price reduction or maintaining your mortgage and utilities while it sits on the market
- Homes that are staged sell faster and for more money
- The way you live in your home and the way we market it are two different things
- According to Zillow,, the top two things you can do to your home are... enhance your curb appeal, and hire a Professional Home Stager
- Staging helps buyers emotionally connect to your home
- *80% of buyers say a staged home is much easier to visualize as their future home
*National Association of Realtors
Letting us stage your home can make a big difference between sitting on the market and selling!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is professional staging?
Home Staging is the preparation of a home to sell by a professional who specializes in this form of design and has been certified and trained on the art of home staging. It is your #1 marketing tool.! It makes photos look amazing for the MLS and internet, which means more buyers are looking at your property. You will receive more showings and will help get your home sold faster and for top dollar. We work together as a team to get your home ready and SOLD! A professional home stager has the resources and can objectively view the home as a product and highlight its assets while downplaying its flaws. The home seller typically cannot view their home objectively, while many successful Realtors do not have the time or trade resources to properly stage a home.
Should I put my house on the market first to see if it sells before I stage?
This is not recommended. You never get another chance to make a good first impression! The most important time of your home being on the market is the first few weeks. After that it is an older listing that has been on the market for days. You do not want to take this chance. You very well may end up with price reductions and property maintenance costs. Staging your home is far less than a typical price reduction. For example...A 5% reduction on a $250,000 dollar home is $12,500...much more than the investment of home staging.
The housing market is good, so why do I need to stage?
Even if your house sells quickly in a good market, it doesn’t mean it sold for the amount it would have sold for had it been professionally staged. Staging increases the probability of it selling quicker and for more money. Buyers of your home need to imagine "moving in" to your house instead of "moving on" to the next one! Remember, HSR/ASP certified professionally staged homes sell on a conservative average for 10%+ more in a good market (see the Latest Home Staging Statistics)
Why can't I just stage my own home?
Home sellers are usually incapable of successfully staging their own home. Why? Because our homes are like our children. We don’t always see all of its flaws. We’ve gotten used to the way it looks, and in fact it is difficult emotionally to change it. If you can’t view something objectively, then you are unable to market and package it effectively. Not to mention most home sellers don't "stage" homes every day for a living. This is what certified professionals are for, and that is where the greatest returns come in.